Violist Georgina McKay Lodge performs on both modern and baroque instruments. She has played with period orchestra Grand Harmonie, The Berry Collective, watermark: a period ensemble, Helios Early Opera, Eastman Collegium, Eastman Viol Consort, and alongside musicians of Tafelmusik, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Juilliard School historical performance program, and Harvard University Choir. She won the Best Bach award two years in a row at the Ohio Viola Society Competition.
Ms. McKay Lodge studied modern viola performance with Michelle LaCourse, Carol Rodland, and Peter Slowik, and received baroque viola instruction from Jane Starkman, Cynthia Roberts, and Walter Reiter. She has played under conductors Kurt Masur, Michael Tilson Thomas, James Gaffigan, James Feddeck, Jayce Ogren, Neil Varon, David Hoose, and Scott Allen Jarrett. She has been a part of summer festivals including Bowdoin International Music Festival, Heifetz International Music Institute, California Summer Music, Credo Chamber Music, Milan Vitek’s International Masterclass in the Czech Republic, Elizabeth Wallfisch’s Masterclass in Italy, Oberlin Baroque Performance Institute, and Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute and Winter Institute.
A native of Oberlin, Ohio, she studied at the Oberlin Conservatory pre-college program before receiving her Bachelors of Music from the Eastman School of Music and her Masters of Music from Boston University.
• Certified by the Suzuki Association of the Americas.
• Teacher training with Carol Sykes, James Hutchins, Carrie Reuning-Hummel, Sachiko Isihara, and at the Hartt Suzuki Institute and Ithaca Suzuki Institute.
• Faculty positions at Suzuki School of Newton and Dana Hall School of Music
• For the student to love and enjoy music foremost.
• Growth, musical and personal.
• Healthy posture/technique and ergonomic setup.
• Student motivated to perform in recitals.
• Valuable channel for expression.
• Develops focus and discipline.
• Encourages self-awareness and empathy.
• Provides a peer group and social opportunity (group class, chamber music, orchestra).
• Makes you smarter, according to science.
“Lacie” is highly acclaimed for her skill at being a dog. Born to humble beginnings somewhere outside Rochester, NY, she took up her current position as Couch Warmer at the age of six months. Internationally recognized for her game of tug, she collaborates regularly with colleagues Waffles, Daisy, and Princess Bacon. She has received glowing reviews such as “her decision to not bring the ball back was daring and fresh" and “here is a voice that will be heard...by the neighbors”. In her spare time Lacie enjoys not coming when called, eating carrots, and posing for her next Instagram appearance. She lives with her human, Georgina McKay Lodge, but often takes vacations on a farm in Ohio with those other people who feed and walk her.